Wednesday, March 14, 2007

To infinity and beyond!

I can't believe I beat Clark to the punch on wishing everyone a happy pi day. I was considering waiting until 1:59PM, but thought that might be taking the thing a bit too far. Nevertheless, I am considering what kind of pie to make for dessert tonight and wondering if pizza is in order. Soon Hallmark will be making warm meaningful commercials about Pi Day so we will all feel obliged to exchange Pi cards and perhaps dress for the occasion. But until then, I am a little surprised Marie Callender has not hopped on board. Maybe they need me in marketing. I do hope your day is infinitely lovely, not terribly random, and if at all possible, ala mode.

3 comments:

Clark said...

I didn't even make any posts on Pi day. But I did want to point out that it's entirely acceptable to wish someone a random Pi day, as Pi is sometimes used as a random number generator. Because the digits of Pi have no recurring number patterns if you want a set of random numbers, you can just pick off the 15,150th to the 15,159th digits, you've got something that is pretty darn random.

Shanny said...

And Clark forgot to mention the most important feature of pi day for us, we had raspberry pie. Yum!

W.L.Platt said...

Is Clark intimating pie can be served on any random day without notice? This is a theory worth testing!